News

SMF - Just Installed!

Update - Switcher Card Status

bobstarr · 89

bobstarr

• View Profile
    • RTZ Professional Audio, LLC
on: January 13, 2021, 01:34:37 AM
We are still working on the switcher cards! But it's taking longer than expected and it's been difficult to debug all the timing and interactions. Changing any one thing affects everything else, so we are doing our best to get this working right. Ultimately we plan to add a new Digital Channel Switcher (DCS) board that will allow controlling all channel assignments and replace the original remote and get rid of the giant cable. Initially channels assignments will be controlled via the DRCWIN software remote, but we should be able to add menu options in the DRC wired remote to allow changing channel assignments as well. There could be other possibilities and ways of doing this also. Once everything is in place, it should mainly be a software matter at this point. Your machine must have a STC locator/remote card to support the DCS though. The STC acts as the central controller for the remotes and channel assignments - it's really the game changer controller for the system.  If you have a DTC and did not get the STC for your system,  you will miss out on all the new stuff coming down the pipe later.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 01:41:48 AM by bobstarr »

Paul Stewart

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 01:57:05 AM
Bobby,
Thanks for the up date.

bobstarr

• View Profile
    • RTZ Professional Audio, LLC
Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 02:05:22 AM
Welcome! Thanks for joining us here!

Steve Tevlin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 09:27:22 AM
Awesome! Thanks Bob. and cool new forum!!

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 11:08:14 AM
Thanks for joining us here Steven! New forum package seems pretty nice, we'll see how it works out for us. Good to have a focused group of hard core 1200 users!

RobertPhilbeck

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 06:11:10 PM
New Forum looks great.  The remote is a problem. Glad I have the full complement of RTZ across my machine and I am looking forward to discarding my remote and 25 pound cable for a wireless one